Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Paper Craft Challenge with Sherry

G'Day

I have come across Sherry a very nice lady who is very creative in scrap-booking.  She has an etsy shop which sells scrapping supplies. I have bought a many from her store.

At the moment she is holding a holiday paper crafting challenge on her blog called  stamplorations challenge blog 

Visit Sherry's challenge and guidelines at STAMPlorations Holiday Papercrafting Challenge

Here is my second entry a holiday card celebrating Christmas.. Click on picture to view better and bigger card with detail.



Using one of Sherry's Cards I used crushed olive distress ink to sponge on a background. Then divided the card and stamped on a sentiment of Christmas Greetings and one of those leaves with red round thingings (sorry not sure what they are called, if you know please tell my by leaving a comment on this post). 

I then stamped on the hanging ornaments and colored them in.  Next cut up couple of trees and decorate them with silver glitter...also cut out a stamped present and colored it in and glued them all into position...

Then I stamped three stockings and cut and colored them in and decided to  lift them of the page with some pop dots to raise them of the panel to create a 3D and shadow and to make them look like they are hanging of the top of the page (love those they are my favorite on the card).  I think at least one of the trees or both should have been raised too, but it was too late i already glued them in to place.

I stamped on some snow flakes for a background in the center piece (wish i had white stamping ink).   Then i decided to stamp music bars on the background where the sentiment was.

Finally i used my white gel ink to make some snow and centers for the snowflakes....I also put red and silver glitter on top of the stockings and bow on the present.


I enjoyed making this card...after the first one did not work out....Thats what I like about my creativity if one does not work out make another...

Here is Sherry's sketch I followed for the challenge. 




Sherry also has a wonderful facebook page called 'All About Scrapping" which she also posts about the challenges and her other crafty creations.


I hope you will follow me on this new adventure of stamping and scrapping...spread the word....



I also share my scrapping on my facebook page which is called Monika's Artistic Flare. 


Have a Fabulous Day
MOnika

No comments:

Post a Comment